About Me
Name: Fab Gal
About Me: Doesn't the name say it all? ;)
See my complete profile
FG Buzz

How to Leave a Comment

1. Click on the "_ Comments" link at the bottom of the article.

2. Click "Post a Comment"

3. Type your comment in the box.

4. Under "Choose an Identity," click "Name/URL" and type in a name or click "Anonymous"

5. Click "Publish Your Comment" - You're done!

Previous Posts
Archives
Fab Females

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Super Sites
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

 

 

The Fab Gal

Girl Talk for Fabulous Teens

 
  Friday, September 12, 2008  
 
 
If It Makes You Happy...
Hey Fab Gals!

What makes you happy? For a lot of us, happiness means different things. Just look at the FG poll this week. For some, it's school, or family, or overcoming a goal. We all have those things that make us happy.

Often, we don't let ourselves enjoy our lives as much as we should. Happiness can be really simple. We always have somewhere to go, something to get done. It's a good thing to be productive. But sometimes we move too fast and push ourselves too hard to just enjoy the process.

This is the real problem, I think: we often put conditions, or rules, on our happiness. I do it too. How often have you said to yourself, I'll be happy when I lose weight, or I'd be happy if I was more popular. Goals are great, for sure. But what little things will you miss if you're waiting? Why is that one thing worth your happiness?

The tricky part is, sometimes we're really bad at guessing what will make us happy. I could lose 10 pounds, am I happy now? I can be surrounded by so many people, but are they really friends? We think we are going to make ourselves happy that way. Being beautiful, going to parties, living a glamorous life - that's supposed to be happiness.

Happiness is not so much about doing as it is about being. We're happy when we can be ourselves and be okay with that. Don't get me wrong - I love to try new things and have crazy adventures. But sometimes, it makes me really happy to lay around in my pjs and watch Disney Channel with my kitty. Because that's just me being me. And it's okay for you to be you, FG. And you should definitely be happy with that.

xoxo

The Fab Gal

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Fab Gal @ 9:31 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At September 12, 2008 at 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's so true, I always find myself caught up the things that I want to get done. So much so that I make myself miserable trying to do it just so I'll suddenly be happy, but it never happens. At least, not the way that I expected.

     
  • At September 12, 2008 at 4:53 PM, Blogger Fab Gal said…

    I know what you mean! When we build up our expectations it's impossible for us to be happy with the way things turn out. But you're not alone - and you don't need to be miserable. :)
    xoxo

     
Post a Comment
<< Home