About Me
Name: Fab Gal
About Me: Doesn't the name say it all? ;)
See my complete profile
FG Buzz

How to Leave a Comment

1. Click on the "_ Comments" link at the bottom of the article.

2. Click "Post a Comment"

3. Type your comment in the box.

4. Under "Choose an Identity," click "Name/URL" and type in a name or click "Anonymous"

5. Click "Publish Your Comment" - You're done!

Previous Posts
Archives
Fab Females

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Super Sites
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

 

 

The Fab Gal

Girl Talk for Fabulous Teens

 
  Friday, September 19, 2008  
 
 
Wake Up, America!
Hey FGs!

So I'm sure that you have been keeping up with the whole Nick Jonas/Selena Gomez story (Are they together? Are they just friends? What about Miley?). It's big stuff. But there's been something else going on in the news, and it's pretty major, too: the 2008 presidential election.

I'll admit it, I have never paid much attention until recently. I just always thought politics was kinda boring. But now is the time to start watching. There's some silly stuff, definitely. Stuff about Paris Hilton and pigs wearing lipstick. But when you get past all that, think about how amazing this is. It's a time of change, no matter which way you go. We've had the same prez for the last 8 years, which is a big part of our lives, really. Even if you don't support them, the fact that we had a serious female candidate and could possibly have an African American president shows how far we've come as a nation. That's a good thing for everybody.

I know what some of you might be thinking - Um, hello? I can't vote. Why should I care? But of course you should! This is the next 4 years of your life, too. And someday, you will get your chance, so it's god to know where you stand on different things. Plus, history is being made here! You don't want to miss it. Maybe it will give you some ideas for your campaign someday...

xoxo

The Fab Gal

P.S. - These are some great links for Fab Gal-friendly election info!


Labels: , , , ,

posted by Fab Gal @ 8:50 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home